Monday, July 2, 2007

Workshop with Karen Russell

I was to a workshop-day with Karen Russell yesterday and it was just great! I love the stuff Karen creates for Creative Imaginations a lot and she is such a nice person! I had so much fun just listening to the stories she told!
She first tells some stories about herselve and how she started scrapbooking. She had some of her LOs with her to show. They were really beautiful and there were so many things to discover on them and she gave a lot of tipps along the way!

The first project we did was a LO were you could turn up a part of it to hide the journaling or more pictures. The special thing about it was a bag (for more photos or other stuff) that is hiding in this flap. Karen used a 12x4 picture. I didn´t have that kind of pictures so I choose two pics of my boyfriend.


The next project was something to show how to use many photos on a LO. And those pics don´t have to be the same size and don´t have to be all black and white OR colored. I choose just colored pics because I didn´t find the time to develpoe black and white ones too.

On the right side of this LO is a flap too. On both LOs we used Karens great new stuff and the fabulous overlays from her! And I absolutly adore her new scalloped papers! They are so cute!!!
Karen explaines everything step by step and you get enough time to complete everything. And she explaines how to created your page protector to show all the specials on the page without getting the LO out of the page protector every time you wanna look at it. I just didn´t do the journaling but I will add it the next days!

In the afternoon we created a little purse for a minialbum. That class was teached by Heike Lenz, a german shop-owner. That was fun too. I´m really sorry that I forgot to take a picture! *shame on me* I will take it tonight and post it!
I really had a wunderful day - lots of fun, meeting great people (known and unknown) and learning a lot!
Have a great day!

No comments: